Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Hate January

Aside from the holidays, which I ignore as best I can, December is a slow month for me. Beginning January 2, all hell breaks loose.

Things to be grateful for:

For the first time in ten years, the SO was home on my birthday.

I wisely used the slow moments in December to prepare for January.

I didn't promise any editors anything until April.

I have friends who will come over to dinner and take my mind off my to-do list for a couple hours.



Things that have me biting my tongue:

Vague requests for information.

People who don't know the difference between what's necessary and what would
be nice. If you want data from me between now and February, you're
getting it raw. No analysis, no pretty colors.

People who think my office door is shut to everyone except them.

My inability to get everything done under the wire with complete accuracy. Nothing drives me crazier than my own stupid mistakes. The fact that my brain is fried from an overdose of minutia is no excuse.

It's the tenth already. One third of the month has slipped away from me. I'm looking at my to-do list and it doesn't seem to be getting any shorter. Meanwhile - tick, tick, tick - the deadlines are only looming larger.

I really hate January.

No comments: