Monday, March 10, 2008

So Close I Can Taste It

I could have used that extra hour this weekend.

In reality, I probably needed another 24 hours. Because, you see, I'm close to the end of my first draft on Personal Demons. I'm 3 scenes away from it. 3. My word count is in the mid 70,000s. I'm clicking along right on track. I simply ran out of time. UGH!

The worst part is that I know the last 800 words I wrote last night have to go. That's sort of how it's been going every time I sit down to write. I delete my last 800-1000 words and go from there. If I didn't have to do that, I'd be done by now. Double Ugh! On the good side, I realized that the final scenes I've been envisioning for months now will work just the way I wanted them to.

Now all I need is the time to write it out.

I think I'll be doing the Yay I'm Done dance by next weekend.

Then, of course, I have to do the re-write.

No comments: