Sunday, March 08, 2009

I'm Twittering Now

I have to thank Stan Kent (of the fabulous Shoe Leather series, and of In The Flesh LA) for this idea. Oh, and Jolie Du Pre for her never-ending supply of energy and promo ideas.

A couple months ago (has it been that long already?) Stan, D.L. King, and I went to lunch and talked about the future of In The Flesh LA, which he'd just inherited. During that conversation, he mentioned having a Twitter Erotica event, where writers could post a quick bit of suggestive prose (in 140 characters or less). I kept playing around with the idea, but didn't do anything about it. However, Jolie Du Pre kept talking up Twitter, and she can be very persuasive, so I decided to take the plunge. You can see the result on the right hand side of this page. I still have some bugs to work out with the system, but I'm sure a few emails with Jolie and Helen Madden (of Oh Get A Grip and Cynical Woman fame) will solve all my issues.

My plan is to do a couple a week. I guess I'm going to have to do that writer thing and keep a notebook on me at all times to jot down ideas, because I'm going to need a lot of them. So if your libido needs a weekly affirmation, click on the link over to the side to follow me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm following you on Twitter. You need a pic! One of your book covers might work nicely if you don't want to do a personal photo.

Kathleen Bradean said...

Thank you for following me. Yes, I know I need a picture, but it keeps rejecting my pix as too big, and I haven't figured out how to downsize them.