Monday, October 18, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Next month, I'll dip into the madness that is NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. While 50,000 words is light for a novel*, it's a horrendous amount of output for a one month timeframe. We'll see how it goes.

I blogged about my prep work to date on Oh Get A Grip.


*For those of you who don't write, 50,000-70,000 words is about the page count of a dimestore romance novel., 80,000-100,000 is a trade paperback, 110,000 is a fantasy novel and some science fiction, and I'll guess that the last three Harry Potter novels came in around 120,000 to 170,000 words (but that's just a guess)

1 comment:

Naomi D. said...

Hi,

Sorry to do this in a comment, but I couldn't find a contact button.

My name is Naomi Davis and I am currently I am a Senior in Tisch Film/ TV and I would just like to share with you a film that I'm currently working on. The film is called "DADT". The film is a narrative of a gay American solider dealing with life during and after the Iraq war.

I am extremely passionate about spreading the word on the injustice of Don't ask,don't tell, and the cruel rejection and pressure many homosexual Americans face. I went to lobby for repeal in Washington DC and met the men and women who have been discharged. This policy is disgusting and needs to be gotten rid of, since cinema is a language that I am fluent in, I have decided to fight the best way I know how.

I was hoping that you would take a look at my website and kickstarter page and maybe say a few words about what my friends and I are trying to do or even link to us or send out a few tweets. Any acknowledgment would be amazing.

Besides the fact that I am raising awareness on a policy that I feel very strongly should be repealed, I am also a student and must complete my thesis film in order to graduate. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I've attached the links below.

Thank you so much,

Naomi Davis

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/877825442/dont-ask-dont-tell-film
www.DADTFILM.COM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/DADT-Film/154225351260411