Sunday, August 26, 2007

Again?

Looks like the US Department of Justice (talk about your Orwellian terms) decided to visit my blog again. They used to always link from another erotica writer's website, but this time they linked from a different one. Just out cruising the neighborhood, I suppose. (or looking for a quick wank while at work. Either way - our government dollars well spent.)

Really, boys, this is tiresome. If you were in stealth mode on servers that didn't point out you were DOJ (even in initials, it has that War Is Peace slogan feel, doesn't it?), I'd actually believe you were doing surveillance. But since you make it so obvious who you are , I guess this is some weak form of intimidation. Of maybe I'm just supposed to act like I don't see you peeking in my window. Sorry, boys. There isn't enough soma in the world to make me do that.


BTW - so my readers don't think I'm just paranoid:


wdcsun29.usdoj.gov (Us Dept Of Justice) [Label IP Address]

Maryland, Potomac, United States, 0 returning visits
Date Time WebPage
26th August 2007 15:20:29 cynicalwoman.blogspot.com/
kathleenbradean.blogspot.com/
26th August 2007 15:20:55 cynicalwoman.blogspot.com/
kathleenbradean.blogspot.com/

I wish I'd thought to record all their other visits. But I will from now on.

4 comments:

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Kathleen, how do you find such detailed information? Just curious...

Love --
mattilda

Kathleen Bradean said...

It's fairly simple. I have StatCounter on my blog. I can log on to it and check my stats. Under Visitor Paths is the info on city, server, search path and/or came from. (Apparently, I have devoted fans in Saudi Arabia.)

I can't "see" individuals. Just want to make that clear. (although I can make a confident guess when the server is in San Francisco Metro area, I see a link from Nobody Passes, and then you've posted a comment.)
Sometimes the report simply reads "hidden referrer," but usually I can see the city and the search string. If the person linked through another website, I can see that too. I'm mostly interested in the search string. Did they search on Kathleen Bradean to find me, or did a search for Enema Nurses In Bondage bring them to my blog? I monitor my blog traffic as a crude measure of how effective chats, readings, etc. are at increasing my name recognition. (So far, a story on Clean Sheets has been the biggest driver of traffic - next to the naked picture of Fabio Canavarro.)

However, when I can see that the server is DOJ, or a township police station in New Hampshire, well, then I'm very interested in where the person is reading my blog from.

Anonymous said...

You know, it's always possible you have a fan at the DOJ and one in a New Hampshire PD. Who's to say these guys don't fuck around on the web at work just like everyone else? Hey, they can always say they were doing it for work, if they get caught by their IT departments.

Listen, there are plenty of cops and FBI guys into BDSM; I've belonged to alt sex orgs with them. I'm just sayin'...

D. L. King

Nobilis Reed said...

Are you sure that it's not some bored DOJ clerk sneaking into a site when he should be poring over satellite photos looking for people with "I HATE USA" spelled out in white rocks in their backyards?