Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bringing it on Home

Final day in SF.

Sunday morning, Cady and I met Greg Wharton and Ian Philips for brunch. They are Suspect Thoughts Press, publisher of many of my favorite books, including Ian's collections See Dick Deconstruct and Satyraisis, and Greg's collection of short stories Johnny Was. As a publisher, it seems that Greg doesn't get much of a chance to write, which is a shame, because I am consistently awed by his stories. Ian blushed a bit when I told him that his story Harder is the hottest thing I've ever read.

Greg gifted us with copies of Rode Hard and Put Away Wet and Out of Control. I'll add those to my Suspect Thoughts reading list which already includes:

The Beautifully Worthless
The Wild Creatures
Killing Me Softly
and Toilet.

Recently read and recommended from their offerings:

Everything I have Is Blue
Pulling Taffy


Ian and Greg are charming company. I can't remember everything we talked about - roller coasters, horror movies, dogs, of course cats, herbs, writing, Saints and Sinners... A lovely conversation with intelligent people that had me laughing the entire time. I appreciated them taking time on such short notice to share a meal with us. It was the perfect end to our trip.

No comments: