Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Jury Duty Rocks!

Imagine sitting in a room full of people who don't want to be where they are. Everyone is waiting for something to happen, for time to pass. Do they turn on the TV? No. Do they chat with the person sitting next to them? No. They all read. Hundreds of them- heads bowed, books open. Silence. Except the turn of the page and an occasional cough.

Nirvana.

I plowed through Everything I Have Is Blue before the lunch break. During lunch break I found out a short story I submitted was accepted (score!). Now I'm grabbing my copy of All The Beautifully Worthless and heading back to the courthouse. As long as they don't place me on a jury, my day is made.

1 comment:

D. Travers Scott, News said...

I loved jury duty! Only had to do it for 2 days, but still, it was cool. PLUS afterwards I got solicited to do a survey for a university research project on juries. Geekapalooza.

Good reads!