Saturday, June 10, 2006

Women's Spirit



I took the niecelets down to Women's Spirit this morning so that we could get all wombmoony and feminine in a Wiccan environment. Or as they prefer to call it - shopping with Auntie Wallet. As tempting as the tarot decks and sage bundles are, I'm wary of treating anyone's religion as entertainment, so I take in the vibe, spend some money on art, and admire the religious stuff from a respectful distance.

The jacarandas are in bloom this time of year, and some neighborhoods in Long Beach have clouds of purple blossoms overhead.

I liked the hats. I didn't get a picture of it, but they had one of these wizard hats in black leather with a Harely Davidson badge on front. Too cool.




By now the niecelets know that there's nothing wrong with healthy curiosity, so they weren't shy about examining this piece for a while and proclaiming it, "all right, but the things carved in the pubes are a little weird." As for me, well, I like art that looks happy to see me too. I'm thinking towel rack. You know - functional as well as fun. Now all I have to do is convince the SO.

No comments: