Thursday, January 05, 2006

Orbiting In Retrograde

My story Orbiting In Retrograde has been added to the Erotica Readers and Writer's Association's Treasure Chest, a real honor.

Just me in one of my quirky moods. I was thinking, at the time I wrote this, about the importance of touch, and how it can be so much more sensual than "the act." Donno if I got there, but I tried.

Speculative fiction erotica is hard for me to write, because you're building worlds while delving into libido and balancing the two is difficult unless you're going to limit your speculative fiction to setting, which doesn't make it true speculative fiction, or throw in a casual mention of a space ship, or your character fucks an alien. (Which happens in Helen Madden's Alienated, but her story is about so much more than fucking an alien that seems insulting to talk about it on that level.)


My other story, Kells, was also added, so I'm on a roll.

3 comments:

Keziah Hill said...

I loved that story!

Kathleen Bradean said...

Thank you!

velvetbabe said...

I'll miss ya

xxoo...............

but, see ya round.