Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Working Through My In Box

I'm slowly working through all my projects. Finally finished my short story based (loosely) on Snow White and Rose Red for the fairy tale anthology by Torquere Press. Two bored guys snowed in their cabin, when a bear shows up at the door. Of course, my bear isn't Ursine. Wrestling and all sorts of combinations ensue.

That leaves me with my last project for Amie Evans in preparation of Saints and Sinners - which I plan on devoting myself to for the rest of the week.

I was going to write a review of Love, Bourbon Street. While the anthology is good, and has some great stories - Poppy Z. Brite's Cocksucker Suit was a favorite - I tried several times to write my review and simply couldn't. I don't know why, but I can't force it, so I won't.

When I have a bit more time, I'll finish reading Nobody Passes and review it. I've been mentioning it here because what I've read so far has given me a lot to think about, and that is probably the highest praise I can give any book.

I have several long-term projects in the works. I've teamed up with Laura Baumbach to put the erotica writer's conference together for 2008. And although it's now envision as more than writers and has moved into an erotic conference, I'm excited by the energy and forward motion Laura brings to this. The other project is headed by DL King, a friend and fellow smut writer. She's building a website to post reviews of literary erotica. It's so hard to get erotica reviewed, and even harder to find someone who will review e-published erotica, so she's going to build a site for it. The other reviewers she has on board are established names in erotica and I'm looking forward to reading what they have to say.

No comments: