Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Have My Reading Slot

I'll be reading Sunday, May 11 at 2:30 PM at Saints and Sinners in New Orleans.

Sunday, May 11
2:30 P.M.
SAINTS AND SINNERS READING SERIES: WRITERS READ
Come hear Festival authors read from their latest works. Join Dale
Chase, Jolie du Pre, Amie M. Evans, Gene Kahn, Jay Lygon, and Jerry Wheeler
as they thrill, entertain, educate, or stimulate the literary mind
with that most powerful instrument: the written word.

I
know Dale, Jolie, and Amie. It could be that I've met Gene and Jerry,
but their names aren't familiar. 2:30 is probably the last panel slot
before the closing reception. Still no word on how long we have to
read. I'm going to hope for 5 minutes. 10 is a long time to talk
non-stop. No one ever complained about someone running short, so I'm
going to prepare for 5. That gives me just enough time to read the
beginning part of my ghost story and leave off at a good place. (plus I
have to allow time for audience reaction. I didn't at my last reading,
and stuff I only chuckled at got these long breaks of laughter, so I've
learned my lesson.)

No comments: