Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shift In Focus

Lately, I've been thinking about this blog and what I want to do with it. If you read it often, you know that I think a lot about the craft of writing, with an emphasis on erotica. Last month, I had a flash of insight that I should focus on that, but if you know me, you know that I make no move without examining something from every angle - twice.

I don't want to talk about the usual basics. Those are covered lots of places. But beyond that there's a whole lot of nothing to help experienced writers who still want to think about and work on the craft of writing. So I thought I'd transition my blog to a continuing conversation about writing. (I will still probably resort to occasional cat posts. I'm sorry, but cat happens.)

Once I decided it was the right thing to do, I sent out an email to many of the erotica writers I know and asked them to answer a question. When they get back to me - if any do - I'll let them be the guest blogger of the day with their answer. Now - If you didn't get an email, that doesn't mean I don't want your input. It only means that I didn't have a good email address for you in my address book. So if you want to answer, please do.

My question for this month was:


What makes a character sexy? Is it enough that another
character desires him/her/hir, or should the reader be
seduced too?


Hopefully, I'll see some interesting answers.

No comments: