Sunday, July 06, 2008

I Can't Believe I DId This

Even worse, I can't believe I'm admitting it in public, but here goes: I wrote in the dreaded second person.

I didn't mean to. Honest. Lord knows I hate to read that voice. For Scarecrow's Bible I was willing to grit my teeth and plow through it, but that was my limit. So why did I write a story that way? I have no clue. It just sort of slipped out like a huge faux pas on the first draft and I didn't even realize it until I read it through. Then horror dawned. I/You. Ack. Cringe. Mortification!

*Back away slowly from the computer and shake head in disbelief while a low groan rips from my chest.*

So now you know my dirtiest secret, and my shame.

1 comment:

Amanda Earl said...

i've never understood this dislike for the second person. it's a point of view that is just as valid as any other. of course, it can be used poorly, but so can the first or the third. sometimes you need second ;)