Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thank Goodness Vacation Is Over.

I need the rest.

It was nice taking time off work, up until the point where I walked into work and found a mound of troubles waiting for me. It's good to be missed, but come on people. Solve a few things yourselves.

I spent last weekend in San Francisco with friends. I got a good chuckle out of the tourists waiting in line at Powell for the cable cars who were wearing shorts and short sleeves. I had on a scarf, a jacket, leggings, and a hoodie, and even though we hiked all over Haight-Ashbury (sad to see how many teens still feel compelled to run away from home) and Golden Gate Park, there were times when I was cold. Thank goodness for the warming properties of a martini.

I also got to read a lot. Finished the first of the Dresden Files series, will read the next one, told the SO it was his kind of book. Read Ginn Hale's Wicked Gentlemen. Thank you for the recommendation, Syd. It was great. Also read Madder Love from Rebel Satori Press, finished J.D. Salinger's short stories, The End of the Affair by Graham Greene, and The Good Thief by James Buchanan (recommended). I haven't done this much pleasure reading in a long time.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Cool! Sounds like you had a great time. You probably needed the time off, at least to read, with all the writing you've been doing lately.

But the coming back to work thing do suck, don't it.

More recommended reading, if you get the time - Gun, With Occasional Music by Jonathon Lethem. Not erotica, but very interesting spec fic/noir.

James Buchanan said...

Reading for pleasure...what is this beast of which you speak?

Hey, glad you liked Nate and Caesar. Now I've just got to come up with a plot for book 2.

Syd McGinley said...

The only problem with Wicked Gentlemen was it was too short.
More! I needed more!

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you had such a cool vacation. Long time no talk my friend. Glad to see you're enjoying so much success--it's nice to see your talent getting recognized.

Hugs, T