Friday, October 06, 2006

GAY LA

I picked up my copy of this book at the West Hollywood Bookfair, but I'll probably try to get to this reading too. I'm several chapters in and enjoying it - even found a mention of a long gone dyke bar in my white-bread slice of suburbia.

So if you're in LA, come on out for:

What: Launch Reading and Party for

Gay L.A.: A History of Sexual Outlaws, Power Politics, and
Lipstick Lesbians by Stuart Timmons and Lillian Faderman

Who: Dramatic readings by Priest/author Malcolm Boyd; cult diva Mink Stole; performance badboy John Fleck; and stunning actor Corey Saucier

When: Wednesday, October 11, 7:30 pm

Where: Skylight Bookstore, 1818 N. Vermont Ave, (323) 660-1175

I haven't met Lillian, but Stuart is great company. I'm wishing them all the best for this book.

No comments: