Thursday, October 26, 2006

New Jersey Decision

The High Court in New Jersey may or may not have helped the gay marriage movement with their recent decision.

I have an issue with Reuter's headline one this one though. They call the conservatives "Values Voters." Excuse me - but since when is institutionalized hatred a moral Value? And has anyone ever noticed that these people always point to their Bible, not the Constitution, as a reason for these laws? Imposing your religion on me isn't an American Value.

I demand to be called a "Values Voter." I value individual people. I think everyone deserves to be loved. I think everyone deserves equal representation and protection under the law (you know, kind of like the Constitution promises). I'm the one with values. Reuters should call those other people "Venomous Voters."

No comments: